P6 CrossFit – Weightlifting
Footwork dills (No Measure)
Work on knowing you foot placement daily
1. Start in the pull (jumping) position
2. Move into triple extension with ankles, knees, and hips all extended
3. Drop into your landing (squatting) position with knees slightly bent (2 inch squat)
Snatch Warm up (No Measure)
Start with a PVC pipe.
5-10 PVC Pass throughs:
Set PVC in your hip crease
Reach out wide
Stand up tall.
Keep your ribs pulled down
Send the PVC forwards and around towards your back.
Keep pushing it away from you the whole time.
5-10 Hip drives:
Drive the PVC off your hips by sending your hips back, pause and explode them forward. Think hips are UPPERCUTTING THE BAR
5-10 Hip Drive + High pulls:
Drive the PVC off your hips by sending your hips back, pause and explode them forward, then pull your elbows up into the scarecrow position and let them drop again.
5 Scarecrow Snatch drops:
Hold the PVC in the scarecrow position and drop under it into your squat stance. We are not really looking to drop all the way into a full depth squat yet.
5 Scarecrow Snatches:
Hold the PVC in the scarecrow position and drop under (Pull yourself under) it into a full depth squat.
5+5 Hang Snatches:
Start with the PVC just above your knee with your hips back, soft knees, and keep your shoulders in front of the bar. Then, UPPERCUT THE BAR WITH YOUR HIPS (don’t pull the bar into your hips) into triple extension. Drive the PVC off your hips then pull your elbows up into the scarecrow position and drop under (Pull yourself under) it into your squat stance for the fist 5 and a full squat the second 5.
Snatch Warmup with Barbell (No Measure)
Feet start same place as all other pulls (maybe a little wider if absolutely necessary)
Arms locked out
Inside of elbow should be right at your knee
Eyes forward (locked on something straight ahead)
(Rule of thumb)
Between 5’ 5” and 6’ ELBOWS should be INLINE with KNEES
Shorter than 5’ 5” elbows may be slightly forward of knees
Taller that 6’ Knees may be slightly forward of elbows
Drive your feet into the ground with equal pressure on your heel, ball, and pinky pad.
Shoulders and hips move upward in unison until the bar is above the knee. (Knees will be soft)
Rebend knees slightly
Uppercut the bar with your hips while shrugging into triple extension
Let your elbows move in to the scarecrow position (high and outside, above the bar), while you position your feet into your landing (squatting) position.
Pull yourself under the bar while locking your arms out under the bar
Meet the bar where it is, THEN
Drop into a full squat
Stand up to full extension (elbows, shoulders, hips, knees)
Return the bar
Butt back, Hook Grip, and slide down your legs
Add weight and build to a heavy snatch.
Input whatever the heaviest weight a coach sees you perform correctly.
Snatch Cool Down (No Measure)
1. Grab a taped double lacross ball and position it in the middle of your back around the bottom of your rib cage one ball on each side of your vertebrae.
2. Pass your arms from pointing straight up to over head 15-20 times
3. Move the lacross balls up one vertebrae and repeat.
Seated Pigeon Stretch:
1. Sit down on the ground with your left knee bent up and right leg down.
2. Reach your right elbow around the back of your left knee an torque your spine.
Goblet Squat Hold:
1. Grab a Kettle bell and flip it upside down with the handle between your hands (or a plate, etc)
2. Drop into the bottom position of you squat and hold it for 1-3 minutes
Keep your back straight and vertical.
This will also stretch you outer hip.